Yesterday Dan and I treated ourselves to an afternoon of theater to watch the final pre-Broadway Tampa performance of Wonderland. It was exciting to see a musical with the original cast that will be premiering on Broadway within a few months! The story was fantastic and we both loved the sets and how colorful the characters were. Even prior to the show we received some entertainment from the images that were on the backdrop. It looked like a page in a storybook and the images were drawn right onto it! Well I am going to stop here and be hush hush so I don't give away any of the play. I feel everyone should descend down the rabbit hole themselves! I will say that it was a nice magical get away! As Alice said to the Tampa crowd at the end of the performance “You can always find Wonderland in Manhattan on the corner of 45th and Broadway!” J
One of the pre-show images
The stage! (I didn't take any of the other colorful sets because I don't want to spoil anything!)



No comments:
Post a Comment